Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sophi Caught a Cloud

This morning, my daughter Sophia went out with me to do a few chores. She found this chunk of ice and icicles that had fallen from the chicken coop (in the background) and I thought as she held it over her head that it looked as if she was standing under a cloud with rain falling around her.



What a funny sight.

We had some snow overnight and it's a positively balmy 34°F out there right now. There has been rain, freezing rain, and snow in the area and there are over 700 customers of our power company without power—including my best friend.

In case that doesn't sound impressive to you, 700 people is a LOT in North Dakota, he he he. When she called to report her power was out, they told her that over 400 poles were down and they'd get to her when they could...doesn't sound too promising, does it?

Our electricity has been flickering, but so far we still have power. On the other hand, the second punch of the one-two punch of the storm hasn't even arrived. Hopefully, we won't loose power since there are animals to care for.

Well, here's hoping that things are going well at your homestead.

3 comments:

  1. Your Nubians are beautiful Tamera. I can't believe you've had 24 kids on your farm and still waiting for more does to kid. We just started and still have one more doe due in March. Never will I do the winter kidding thing again. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog. I left a message on Sophie's by mistake. But I am sure she will enjoy reading a comment. Love the icicles and snow. (If I don't have to get out in it.) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great picture! I know living in S. Texas has it's plusses but I do miss the snow and cold! I enjoy living vicariously through others!

    ReplyDelete