Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Kidding Report: Jan 17

I thought that I would take the time to post some pics of the new kids.

This is Clarabelle:



She is a two-year-old second freshener. She was my first to kid this year and she kidded on Sunday, the 17th.

She had twin kids, a doeling and a buckling:



And this is what happens when newborn baby goat meets laminate floor:



Next to kid that same day was StarFire. StarFire is another two-year-old second freshener.



She had twin doelings, Miriam and Gracie.

Here's Miriam; a wet goopy mess.



She came out head first, and I had to go in and pull her front legs which were curled underneath her. StarFire probably would have delivered her just fine without my help, but it saved her a push or two, I guess, plus, the risk that the kid would have injured leg(s).

Here she is all dried off and eating:



Here's a couple of pictures of Gracie. It's amazing how much darker they look when they're first-born and wet.





The last to kid on Sunday was my doe Justa. She is also a two-year-old second freshener.



She had twin doelings that we named Ivy and Anora.

Here's Ivy:



And here's Anora:

1 comment: