Monday, January 18, 2010

More Babies

Well, more babies are here, lol. I went to prayer group this morning and left Olivia and Sophia in charge of the goats. Olivia had to milk and then bottle feed the six kids.

While I was gone, Rosie kidded and the babies were half frozen and my little girls knew what to do! They put those babies in warm water until they warmed up. The little buckling came around quickly, but the girls had to keep working with the little doeling, but finally she came around.

I'm so proud of them, I can hardly say!

Here's a picture of the little buckling:



And here's our little miracle, Bella, that Olivia and Sophia saved by putting in the bathtub until she warmed up.

4 comments:

  1. Wow--you must be sooo proud of your girls!! They certainly have had wonderful training to know just what to do to save that little doeling's life. I wonder how many children in this country would know how to do THAT? :)
    Congratulations!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm VERY proud of them. They had seen me do it once or twice, and they knew JUST what to do!

    You're right, there aren't many children who would know what to do. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the child training. Those baby goats are pretty cute. Glad the girls were able to save them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Ha! And the "bumper-crop of beautiful kids" has begun! You guys are doing great! We are waiting to see pictures of Char's kids, but I've no doubt they are as nice as the rest. Take a nap!

    ReplyDelete