Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Visit From Friends & CAE Testing


Today was a wonderful day! How wonderful to visit with friends!

My friend Endine came to day with her three sons and her beautiful little daughter who was just born last Thanksgiving.

I SO appreciated her because she's so bold and fearless and yet so incredibly kind and giving at the same time.

She is my friend who LOVES to draw blood and she loves to disbud. It doesn't bother her at all. In fact, she gets a great deal of satisfaction from doing a job and seeing it done. AND, she's incredibly good at it.

I keep a closed herd and I test every year for CAE. Last year, I did a biosecurity profile on my goats and tested for several diseases that are commonly found in goats in the United States that are passed from goat to goat and can cause death in goats.

This year, I'm also pregnancy testing some of the goats that should have been bred, but I'm not sure about and also some goats that I bought that were with bucks, but aren't bred for certain. I'm excited to find out the results of those tests as that will tell me what to expect for the rest of the summer, lol.

Well, I suppose that I should go out and milk. I hear Tova calling to me, lol.

Speaking of Tova, I guess I'll post the obligatory udder pics of my Tova. She's looking SO wonderful.



No comments:

Post a Comment